January 7--- General Meeting ON ZOOM at 7pm with social time starting at 6:15pm.
**NEW! We now have a recurring ZOOM link, ID and password to use from now on.
THREE WAYS TO JOIN THE ZOOM MEETING:
1. PREFERRED METHOD: Once you have downloaded the free, basic Zoom app onto your computer, click the Zoom icon. Enter Meeting ID: 833-9353-3282 and Password: CORVETTE
2. Click the link below or COPY/PASTE it into your browser: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83393533282?pwd=VkllK1RvajZFNmh3KzgxMnlHc2Qxdz09
Enter Meeting ID: 833-9353-3282 and Password: CORVETTE
3. Join by calling (301) 715-8592. Enter Meeting ID: 833-9353-3282 and Passcode: 52853195. We will hear you speak but you won’t be able to see anyone.
* Call Jennifer Walton ASAP at (562) 544-2670 for help getting on ZOOM. Please do not wait until 10 minutes before the start of the meeting 😉
January 20 --- Harry Kenyon leads his “Hump Day” run to the Bass Pro Shop in Rancho Cucamonga. Meet at 8am at the Food 4 Less parking lot next to Krispy Kreme, 1199 Artesia Bl in Gardena, 90248. Leave at 8:30am, taking 91 E to 605 N to 210 E to 15 S. The Bass Pro Shop is one of the largest sporting goods stores featuring an actual stream with real fish in it, an archery range, etc. Take out available at Richie’s Diner. Option to visit Victory Gardens Mall. Multiple options back home.
January 20 --- Activities Dinner Meeting at 6pm ON ZOOM with ‘Happy Hour’ feel. Use the same info as for the General Meeting. We’d love to hear from those who went on the Bass Pro Shop Run and it will be nice to socialize!
February 4 --- General Meeting ON ZOOM at 7pm with social time starting at 6:15pm.
February 17 --- Activities Dinner Meeting at 6pm with details TBA. Possible ZOOM Activities Dinner Meeting (using same link/ID/PW). BYOB 😉 This will have our usual ‘Happy Hour’ feel, like normal. Time to just socialize!
DATE TBA --- Annual Anniversary Picnic and Yard Sale Fundraiser held on a Sunday from 12-3 at Hesse Community Park, 23901 Hawthorne Bl, RPV, 90275.
September 10-19 – Hal Vaccher and Chaz McManis are planning a Club Run to Colorado, called the “Rockies Roundup”. Details TBA.
September 24-26 – Long Beach Grand Prix (Acura)
IDEAS FOR CLUB RUNS. Gather intel on operating hours, pricing, etc at this time!
1. Nethercutt Museum/Peterson Automotive Museum, Gary Gaffney
2. Filling Station/Antique Stores, Gary Gaffney/Jennifer Walton
3. Mullin Museum, Oxnard: Private tours T/Th plus two Saturdays/month, Hal Holzman
4. Central Coast Trip to Mullin Museum, Island Beach (?), Cachuma Lake, Solvang
5. California Speedway Race Track, Chris Donlou
6. Saturday run to San Antonio Winery in LA, Bill Molinelli/Dennis Chance
NEW ACTIVITIES SECTION: ONLINE Vette Set Club PRESENCE
1. Our Vette Set WEBSITE: https://www.thevetteset.com/ Special thanks to Raul (Ruly) Rodriguez for his continued efforts with our website maintenance.
2. Our Vette Set FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/TheVetteSetInc/ Special thanks to our former club member and President, Hal Vatcher, for restoring our club’s vibrant history! Hal has shared numerous photos of past club runs and activities. Feel free to “LIKE” and “SHARE” your comments! On Facebook, search for The Vette Set.
NON-VETTE SET SPONSORED SO CAL ACTIVITIES
NOTE: Google these activities before going for the latest info during COVID19.
1. Every Friday --- Garden Grove Car Show held on Main Street in Old Town Garden Grove 4-8pm. Entry $3/car. For info, call David Tavares at (562) 308-0390 or Jennifer Walton (562) 544-2670.
2. Morning Shift Cars & Coffee --- 8am at Porsche Experience Center, 19800 Main St, Carson 90745. First Saturday of every month. All makes, models, spectators and photographers are welcome. No entry or registration fee required. Free Coffee.
3. Caffeine Cruisers --- Every Saturday, 7-10am in Torrance, on SE corner of Artesia & Hawthorne, between Starbucks & Sizzler.
4. Manhattan Beach Cars & Coffee -- Meets the last Saturday of the month, from 7:30-10am at ‘The Point’ Shopping Center, 850 S. Sepulveda, at the corner of Sepulveda and Rosecrans in Manhattan Beach. Enter from Rosecrans. Started by two high school students at Mira Costa HS. Lots of C8s, C7s, and earlier model Corvettes plus a huge array of other cars including old beaters. FREE!