May 6 --- General Meeting ON ZOOM at 7pm with social time starting at 6:15pm. Use the SAME ZOOM ID: 833-9353-3282 and password CORVETTE.
May 19 --- Activities Dinner Meeting at 6pm ON ZOOM AND IN PERSON at The Brews Hall, 21770 Del Amo Circle East, Torrance 90503. Those on ZOOM, use SAME ZOOM ID 833-9353-3282 and password CORVETTE.
May 29 --- Saturday May 29, 10AM-2PM, the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo will be hosting a Corvette Car Show. The Vette Set members have greatly supported and enjoyed the last two Corvette shows at this venue. Jack Walter will be coordinating preferential parking for TVS members. More info at Automobiledrivingmuseum.org.
Let's come out in numbers to support a great local automotive treasure.
June 3 --- General Meeting ON ZOOM at 7pm with social time starting at 6:15pm. Use the SAME ZOOM ID: 833-9353-3282 and password CORVETTE.
June 11 --- FRIDAY Garden Grove Car Show in Old Town, Garden Grove. Meet at 3pm at David Tavares’ home: 6551 Lenore Ave, Garden Grove 92845. Leave at 3:30pm and drive 10 min to the car show. Cost is $5/car. Show goes til 8 but you may leave any time. Plenty of outdoor dining, vintage thrift stores, a pawn shop and jewelry store as well as the cars!
June 16 --- Activities Dinner Meeting at 6pm ON ZOOM AND IN PERSON. Location TBD. Those on ZOOM, use SAME ZOOM ID 833-9353-3282 and password CORVETTE.
July 1 --- General Meeting ON ZOOM at 7pm with social time starting at 6:15pm. Use the SAME ZOOM ID: 833-9353-3282 and password CORVETTE.
July 4 --- 4th of July Parade, Picnic Lunch and swimming in Long Beach. Join us in the morning for the parade or in the afternoon for the picnic lunch and swimming or stay for it all. PARADE: Meet at 8:45am, Jennifer Walton’s home: 4029 Locust Ave, Long Beach 90807 to decorate cars with flags, etc, drop off picnic lunch items, lawn chairs, use the restrooms, etc. At 9:15, we will drive one block to the parade route start. (You may walk back the 1 block to use the restroom as needed before the parade starts.) Parade starts at 10am and is only @ 1 mile long. We will continue a fun, short drive through the neighborhood and circle back to Jennifer’s home. PICNIC LUNCH: arrive at Jennifer’s (see above) @ 11:30am. SWIMMING: Every time we swim, people who don’t bring their suits wish they had! Please bring your suits/trunks/towels…just in case! It’s warm and wonderful!
July 21 --- Activities Dinner Meeting at 6pm ON ZOOM AND IN PERSON. Location TBD.
Those on ZOOM, use SAME ZOOM ID 833-9353-3282 and password CORVETTE.
August 29 --- Annual 56th Anniversary Picnic and Yard Sale Fundraiser held from 12-3 at Hesse Community Park, 23901 Hawthorne Bl, RPV, 90275. Details TBA.
September 10-19 – Hal Vatcher and Chaz McManis are planning a Club Run to Colorado, called the “Rockies Roundup”. This trip’s highlights include Arches National Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Great Sand Dunes, and many scenic drives. For more info, contact Chaz at .
September 24-26 – Long Beach Grand Prix (Acura)
NEW IDEAS FOR CLUB RUNS
1. Nethercutt Museum/Peterson Automotive Museum, Gary Gaffney
2. Filling Station/Antique Stores, Gary Gaffney/Jennifer Walton
3. Mullin Museum, Oxnard: Private tours T/Th plus two Saturdays/month, Hal Holzman
4. Central Coast Trip to Mullin Museum, Island Beach (?), Cachuma Lake, Solvang
5. California Speedway Race Track, Chris Donlou
6. Saturday run to San Antonio Winery in LA, Bill Molinelli/Dennis Chance.
NON-VETTE SET SPONSORED SO CAL ACTIVITIES
NOTE: Google these activities before going for the latest info during COVID19.
1. Every Friday --- Garden Grove Car Show held on Main Street in Old Town Garden Grove
4-8pm. Entry $3/car. For info, call David Tavares at (562) 308-0390 or Jennifer Walton
2. Morning Shift Cars & Coffee --- 8am at Porsche Experience Center, 19800 Main St, Carson 90745. First Saturday of every month. All makes, models, spectators and photographers are welcome. No entry or registration fee required. Free coffee.
3. Caffeine Cruisers --- Every Saturday, 7-10am in Torrance, on SE corner of Artesia & Hawthorne, between Starbucks & Sizzler.
4. Manhattan Beach Cars & Coffee -- Meets the last Saturday of the month, from 7:30-10am
at ‘The Point’ Shopping Center, 850 S. Sepulveda, at the corner of Sepulveda and Rosecrans in Manhattan Beach. Enter from Rosecrans. Started by two high school students at Mira Costa HS. Lots of C8s, C7s, and earlier model Corvettes plus a huge array of other cars including old beaters. FREE!
5. NEW CARS AND COFFEE on the 2nd Saturday of from 7:30-9:30am, at the Peninsula Shopping Center, 67 Peninsula Center, Rolling Hills Estates, 90274. For more info, email club member Lee Williams at email@example.com.
ONLINE Vette Set Club PRESENCE
2. Our Vette Set FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/TheVetteSetInc/ Special thanks to our former club member and President, Hal Vatcher, for restoring our club’s vibrant history! Hal has shared numerous photos of past club runs and activities. Feel free to “LIKE” and “SHARE” your comments! On Facebook, search for The Vette Set.