May 5 -- General Meeting at 6:30pm at the Automobile Driving Museum, located at 610 Lairport St, in El Segundo 90245 AND ON ZOOM with social time starting @ 6pm. ZOOM ID: 833 9353 3282. Password: CORVETTE (all caps). Heading to Slice ‘n Pint afterwards.
May 13--19, 2022 -- Rob Weimer and Jerry Clement lead a run to the GAMBLER’S CLASSIC
all Corvette Car Show at Don Laughlin’s Riverside Resort and Casino in Laughlin, Nevada, sponsored by Corvettes of Bakersfield. See info at CorvettesofBakersfield.org or call/text Linda McNitt (661) 978 9518, email@example.com. RSVP ASAP to Rob Weimer.
May 25 -- DIFFERENT DATE. Activities Dinner Meeting at 6pm at Jack’s Place, inside the Gable House Bowl, 22501 Hawthorne Bl, Torrance 90505. **Upon entry, place your order at the Snack Bar (good choices!) and then sit at the inside restaurant: “Jack’s Place” with full bar. Bring your bowling ball and bowling shoes if you want to play afterwards. We will get a discount and it’s a lot of fun! Bring your well-researched ideas for new activities and runs. This date change accommodates club members on the Gambler’s Classic multi-day run to Nevada and Arizona.
May 28, 2022 -- Corvette Car Show 10-2 at the Automobile Driving Museum, 610 Lairport St, El Segundo 90245. MEET at 7:30am at Ralph’s parking lot on PCH and Mariposa, located at 500 N Sepulveda Bl, El Segundo, 90245. From there, we’ll caravan in together at 7:45am so we can all be staged in front for the show.
June 2 -- General Meeting at 6:30pm at the Automobile Driving Museum, located at 610 Lairport St, in El Segundo 90245 AND ON ZOOM with social time starting @ 6pm. ZOOM ID: 833-9353-3282. Password: CORVETTE (all caps). Heading to Slice ‘n Pint afterwards.
June 15 -- Activities Dinner Meeting at 6pm. Location TBA. Bring your well-researched ideas for new club runs and activities.
July 4 -- Fun 4th of July Parade at 10am. Meet @ 9:15am to decorate the cars outside the home of Jennifer Walton, 4029 Locust Ave, Long Beach, CA 90807. Following the short parade, there are festivities at Los Cerritos Park including hotdogs, water, gunny sack races and water balloon tosses. Afterwards, we can swim at Jennifer’s @ 1pm. RSVP required.
July 7 -- General Meeting at 6:30pm at the Automobile Driving Museum, located at 610 Lairport St, in El Segundo 90245 AND ON ZOOM with social time starting @ 6pm. ZOOM ID: 833-9353-3282. Password: CORVETTE (all caps). Heading to Slice ‘n Pint afterwards.
July 17 19, 2022 -- Rob Weimer and Jack Walter lead your choice of a 1 day or 3 day run "Exploring Hidden Gems in the Local Mountains". Join Rob and Jack in touring Pine Mountain Club and the surrounding areas including Mt. Pinos, the San Emigdio Mountains, the Cuyama Valley and the Bitter Creek National Wildlife Refuge, home of the California Condors. Day 1, we’ll journey 90 miles north of LAX and enjoy a potluck picnic at a beautiful private park followed by an 80 mile drive through the Los Padres National Forest including the scenic Lockwood Valley. Group dinner at the private Pine Mountain Club. Day 2 will be your choice of golf, tennis, swimming or hiking at Pine Mountain Club facilities in the morning, followed by a drive up over 800 ft to the summit of Cerro Noroeste and a backroads trip through the wildlife refuge. Group dinner at the PMC Clubhouse. Day 3 will feature driving through the Cuyama Valley and lunch in Ojai with a return home along the beach from Ventura. Lodging and dining options are VERY LIMITED in PMC, therefore ADVANCED RESERVATIONS will be REQUIRED if you wish to participate in the 3 day option. Jack will have ALL available PMC hotel/inn rooms reserved for TVS use and they will be allocated to members upon Jack's receipt of your deposit. Lodging options include booking your own Airbnb in PMC or commuting 18 miles to Lebec where there’s a Motel 6 and Holiday Inn. Questions to Rob Weimer firstname.lastname@example.org Lodging requests to Jack Walter at email@example.com
July 20 -- Activities Dinner Meeting at 6pm. Location TBA. Bring your well-researched ideas for new club runs and activities.
September 9-18 -- Vette Set ‘Reno to Redding’ California Cruise, led by former Club President, Hal Vatcher. Cruise will take us to Lone Pine, then to Reno to see Mammoth Lakes and the National Automotive Museum, continuing to Redding to see Shasta Park and Dam, Whiskeytown Lake, Lassen Volcanic National Park plus Lake Shasta Dinner Cruise.
Also included is a drive to Gilroy and touring the northern coastal areas of Monterey and Carmel. Shortened miles per day, multiple days in all key areas, group events and activities planned and group social time. Sign up ASAP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so he can email you a registration form. Spots are limited. Hal is also reached at (310) 594 4615.
August 21 or 28 -- Vette Set Annual Picnic & Yard Sale Club Fundraiser 11-2 with exact date to be chosen by the membership. Hesse Park, 29301 Hawthorne Bl, Rancho Palos Verdes, 90275.
EXTRA ACTIVITIES NOT SPONSORED BY THE VETTE SET
1. Sunday, June 5 -- Classic car show called Cruzin 4 Brews ll from 10-3 in Downtown (Old Town) Torrance across from Honda HQ. Park next to Honda HQ on Van Ness. There will be live music, vendors, a beer garden, and many restaurants. Register on line $30 per car. splegendscarclub.com.
2. Sunday, July 10 -- Inaugural Relay for Life Car Show. Benefits American Cancer Society.
Held 9-3 at the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, 1935 Manhattan Beach Bl, Redondo Beach 90278. INFO: Annette Porter,
3. Every Friday -- Season 21: Cruise to the Beach, Redondo Beach’s Legacy Car Show, formerly Ruby’s Diner Car Show, starts June 3 Sept 30, from 3-7pm at 245 N. Harbor Dr, Redondo Beach, 90277. Show features live music, trophies, 50/50 Raffle, and great food.
4. Every Friday -- Garden Grove Car Show held on Main Street in Old Town Garden Grove 4 8pm. Entry $3/car. For info, call David Tavares at (562) 308 0390 or Jennifer Walton (562) 544 2670.
5. Every Saturday -- Caffeine Cruisers from 7 10am in Torrance, on SE corner of Artesia and Hawthorne, between Starbucks & Sizzler.
6. 1st Saturday of the month -- Morning Shift Cars & Coffee at 8am at Porsche Experience Center, 19800 Main St, Carson 90745. All makes and models. Photographers & spectators are welcome. For general info, call (888)204-7474. No fees. Free coffee. Call before going.
7. CORRECTION 1st Saturday of the month -- Cars & Coffee from 7:30 9:30am, at Peninsula Shopping Center, 67 Peninsula Center, Rolling Hills Estates, 90274. For more info, email club member Lee Williams at email@example.com.
8. Last Saturday of the month -- Manhattan Beach Cars & Coffee from 7:30 10am located at ‘The Point’ Shopping Center, 850 S. Sepulveda, at the corner of Sepulveda and Rosecrans in Manhattan Beach. Enter from Rosecrans. Started by two high school students at Mira Costa HS. Lots of C8s, C7s, and earlier model Corvettes plus a huge array of other cars including old beaters. FREE!
9. Saturday, November 12 – Vettes for Veterans All Corvette Car Show in Carlsbad, hosted by North Coast Vettes to honor San Diego area veterans. Proceeds go to Paralyzed Veterans of America and the Semper Fi America Fund. Info: www.northcoastvettes.org.
NEW IDEAS FOR CLUB RUNS
1. Nethercutt Museum/Peterson Automotive Museum, Gary Gaffney
2. Filling Station/Antique Stores, Gary Gaffney/Jennifer Walton
3. Mullin Museum, Oxnard: Private tours T/Th plus two Saturdays/month, Hal Holzman
4. Central Coast Trip to Mullin Museum, Island Beach (?), Cachuma Lake, Solvang
5. Saturday run to San Antonio Winery in LA, Bill Molinelli/Dennis Chance
ONLINE VETTE SET CLUB PRESENCE
1. Visit our Vette Set WEBSITE: https://www.thevetteset.com/